Venice Climate & Temperature
- Venice, Italy is at 45°30'N, 12°21'E, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Venice has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Venice is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 12.7 degrees Celsius (54.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.2 °C (36.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.9°C (44.4°F) on average falling to -0.1°C (31.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.5°C (61.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8°C (46.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.4°C (79.6°F) and average low temperatures are 17°C (62.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 17.7°C (63.9°F) during the day and lows of 9.3°C (48.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 801 mm (31.5 inches) which is equivalent to 801 Litres/m² (19.65 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2105 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Venice you would come out nearest to the climate station at Aramoana, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Venice, Italy Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: